Yay! We are ready for your first appointment.
Here is my contact information, put it in your phone book
I cant wait to begin helping you train your dog. And I want your first class to be spectacularly successful so here is information to prepare you for your first class.
Step 1 - Fill out this form so I can customize the training for you.
Step 2 - Down load and use this map help you find us.
Step 3 - Please Bring With You:
• A hungry and healthy dog
• A Bait bag for your treats (rapid rewards brand work best , big fanny packs may work.) - you can buy one in class if you want
• A clicker - recommended but optional
• A Dog Poop Bag
• A favorite non-squeeky toy that is at least 12 inches long.
• A safe animal product chew (stuffed kong, large bone, rawhide, trachea etc.)
• An easy to carry Dog Mat – Size – all 4 dog feet can be on it when the dog is standing. Large Bath mats work well.
• Your dog wearing
a non retractable leash – not longer than 6 feet long
a buckle collar or
a head halter or
a body harness
• Something for your dog to chew on
• It favorite non-squeaky toy
• A variety of soft treats that are more appealing than other dogs and no larger than
a pea for dogs that are over 25 pounds
½ the size of a pea for a 12 pound dog
¼ the size of a plain m&n for 6 pound dogs
Bring more than what you will use so you don’t run out. This is what will work best
1/2 to 1 c. cheese cubes
1/2 to 1 c. cooked meat (pork, beef, chicken heart or gizzards, sausage)
1/2 to 1 c. Frozen treats you pick up in class
When you arrive, leave your dog in the car and come in to get instructions.
If the weather is too hot to leave your dog in a closed car, have your dog on leash and catch the leash in the door (so most of the leash is hanging outside). Then unroll all windows your dog does not have access to.
Because the appointment before you may be me working with an aggressive dog
• Please don’t arrive more than 5 minutes early.
• Leave your dog in the car until you are instructed to get your dog out, but do find the trainer and check in.
]Step 7 - If you have not yet liked my facebook page, please, please, please click the link and like my Facebook page. The support in this group, the warmth, the connection is incredible and even if you are shy or prefer to be a lurker the amount of learning opportunity there is amazing. So don’t forget, go ahead and click and like my facebook page.
If your dog does not finish its meals within 5 minutes - Download and Read "Money in the bank"and implement that training now.
Arriving at Class
We value your time so we do start class on time.
Arrive 5-10 minutes early. This is enough time for your dog to settle in but you won't disturb the class before you.
The door is unlocked 10 minutes before the start of class.
When you arrive, I will then have you drape your leash onto the ground and step on it as close to your dog as possible. This will enable me to check your supplies without your dog jumping on me.
Ok, that is it. If you have any questions at all be sure to give me a call @ 541-603-6868 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can’t wait to meet you and your dog.