Ok, so it sounds like your dog gets a bit emotional at times. I can help you with that.
You don't have an aggressive dog or fearful dog. You have a dog that is behaving aggressively or fearfully because it can not handle the situation it is in. Your dog's emotions can change for the better.
Keep in mind, emotional responses override learned behavior. Even though you have a great dog and there are things your dog knows, when your dog gets upset, it can’t follow commands.
For your training to be successful, we have to address your dog’s emotion based issue before we can address things like come, nice leash walking etc. I bet you have already seen some of this.
I know this problem is stressful and frustrating. I can help!
The good news is the dog’s emotions can change and as it changes both the dog and the owner
- gain social freedom at home and in public
- have less stress
- are happier and more relaxed
- have an improved quality of life
Changing Dog Emotions Training is for dogs that get upset when they see or meet people or dogs.
Our training advocates techniques that do not cause pain or fear
How it works
You start with private training because emotional dogs have a tendency to bark and we want you to be able to hear instructions to ensure your success. Training takes place at The Well-Mannered Dog unless you make special arrangements for a different location. Training includes:
• A thorough evaluation of your dog’s behavior
• Loose Leash Walking
• Identifying and preventing situations that cause problems
• Stress reduction strategies (for you and your dog)
• Games and play techniques that relax your dog so it forms positive, happy, relaxed feelings with the things that upset it.
• You e-mail me every 2-3 with updates on your homework.
• Based on your homework, I tweak the training between appointments (this save you tons of money)
• We schedule your next appointment only when it when it will give you maximum success.
$450.00 - this is a discounted per hour fee because this training takes time & I know you are not rich
Travel Charge - $17.50 per 1-15 minutes of travel (if training takes place at your house)
All training is extremely controlled to ensure your dog can relax. You will be video taping your homework and sending it in so I can ensure you have maximum success.
Days and Times of the training
Private appointments are offered on – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Saturday afternoons